Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified
12104952

2004 Pt Cruiser: Engine light..replacing the o2 sensors take care

2004 Pt Cruiser. Engine light is on and shows codes P0032 & P0038 which are O2 sensor heater codes. Will replacing the O2 sensors take care of the problem or is there an actual heater for these?
Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name isXXXXX don't know your automotive experience level, so I may need to alter the answer to your needs.

The oxygen sensors are equipped with an internal heating element that keeps the sensors at proper operating temperature during all operating modes. Maintaining correct sensor temperature at all times allows the system to enter into closed loop operation sooner. These heating elements do fail and replacing the sensors should fix your problem.

I hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I may receive credit for my time assisting you today. Subscription customers are also asked to do the same since it doesn't cost you any more to do so. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. I figured that was the case. I did not want to just start replacing things! I will spray them before I pullone adequate for replacements? them so I do not break something.
You're very welcome........

Running the engine a little bit and get the manifold and pipe hot will also help to get them out......if they are seized.

Use dealer sensors if at all possible since the aftermarket ones have a high failure rate.