Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified
12104952

2001 chrysler 300m: wont start..new battery..wouldnt start..jumping

2001 chrysler 300m. engine 3.5m. wont start, purchased new battery, still wouldnt start, jumping the vehicle it would start. if the alternator was bad the car would start with new battery wouldnt it? I think it would be the starter.
Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name isXXXXX don't know your automotive experience level, so I may need to alter the answer to your needs.

If it still wouldn't start with a new battery, then it sounds like your starter motor has an internal problem, and is working intermittantly.

You can verify this by using a volt meter and checking the small starter wire for 12 volts when it doesn't want to start. If you get power to that wire, but the starter doesn't work, then it needs replacing.

I hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need further assistance with this.