Scott
Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified 0ver 25 years. Dealership, independant experience Bubmer to Bumper all makes/models
12331040

Last night my head lights, dash lights..my emergency brake light

Customer Question

Last night my head lights, dash lights, and power locks stopped working. I left the car in the parking lot...Everything else works fine (except that my emergency brake light is on when the brake is not being used). When I picked the car up this morning and started to drive, after about two miles the lights, dash, and power locks started working again. I took a look at all of the fuses and none of them look burnt out. What are the possible problems?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Scott replied 2 years ago.

Scott :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will gladly assist you with your vehicle concern.

Customer:

Good morning, Scott. Thank you.

Customer:

I thought your answer would just be displayed, not chat.

Customer:

Is there anything that is unclear from my question?

Customer:

???

Scott :

First off, you will need to call Chrysler and give them your VIN. There was a recall out on this unit {RC-994-01} that covers this type of problem.

If the recall has been satisfied, There is also a cluster reprogram { Campaign# XXXXX }

Finally, if all else check out, with a scanner hooded up, the multi-function switch can be seen operating on the data screen. The glitch could be seen.

Scott :

Sorry, I am wordy, and a client came in. My apologies for not responding faster.

Scott :

And that should be hooked up, not hooded up.

Customer:

No worries. Okay.

Scott :

The Multi function switchs can be an issue on these, but I would be sure the other items were satisfied first.

Customer:

Got it. Thanks for the tip. Ah, okay. That was my next question.

Customer:

So if all else doesn't check out, your advice, I imagine, would then be a mechanic?

Customer:

Just so I know, about how much would a Multi Function switch set me back if that's the case?

Scott :

Well, the data stream and the "Reprograms" would need to be done by either a dealer or a shop that is capable of doing the reprogram. Due to the Internet here being glitch, we send reprograms to the dealer. Don't want to but a BCM, or PCM

Scott :

As far as price... hang on, Im looking for you

Customer:

Thank you.

Scott :

Your looking at around $70 to $130 for the switch, depending on if you have fog lamps or not, and about an hour labor.

Customer:

Okay, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX sound advice.

Scott :

Glad to help, let me thank you in advance for the accept.

Customer:

If I accept and pay now, am I able to ask something more if something else comes up?

Customer:

that was unforeseen? Same issue?

Scott :

Just return on this link. They will only allow me to answer the same question though. Ant new questions, concerns, you will need to open a new one

Scott :

As long as it is the lights, we're good.

Customer:

excellent. Thank you for your time, Scott. Enjoy the rest of your morning.

Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified 0ver 25 years. Dealership, independant experience Bubmer to Bumper all makes/models
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Scott. I called the dealership and they said that the only recall for my vehicle (I provided the VIN) was for a fuel pump. When I mentioned the cluster reprogram, the mechanic seemed to have no idea what I was talking about. As far as the multi-function switch, I'm going to have to bring it in for them to review the car. What should I do with those codes you gave me? I read off the recall one and the guy had no idea what I was talking about.
Expert:  Scott replied 2 years ago.

The service adviser should take your vehicle VIN and punch in the info w/ Chry. It will say if all campaigns have been satisfied or not. This is the easiest way to find out; however, the numbers I gave you came off their info they provide shops and dealers, and the Mechanic will not remember every one, since there are thousands of variations for different issues.

Like I said, my gut is heading to the switch; however, never leave a stone unturned.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, thank you. Have a good day.
Expert:  Scott replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. You too.