Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chrysler Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Chrysler Diagnostics
18617752

2005 Chrysler Pacifica: engine light came..code is p0113.

My 2005 Chrysler Pacifica engine light came on. The code is P0113. I notice no problems. Do I have to address this right away? (I just put a lot of work into the car). What are the risks of waiting?
Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

Is this the 3.5L or the 3.8L engine?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

3.5L

Ok- The P0113 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a fault in the Intake Air Temp (IAT) Sensor. Although you may not experience any engine performance issues, the inputs from this sensor are used to calculate the correct air/fuel ratio. So, no, in a short-term situation, it's not an immediate danger. However, over long-term, incorrect air/fuel ratios will decrease MPGs, as well as run the risk of damaging other parts/sensor, like Oxygen Sensors and/or the catalytic converter. For $32 and 20 minutes worth of work, it may be a good idea to just get it done. Inspect the air duct that the sensor plugs into for any cracks, holes or loose connections. If the visual inspection is ok, suspect a faulty sensor.
graphic