Virtual Wrench (L J)
Virtual Wrench (L J), Chrysler Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

Chrysler Sebring: crankshaft and camshaft..dohc

Need directions to change crankshaft and camshaft sensors

2005 Chrysler Sebring 2.4 DOHC
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Virtual Wrench (L J) replied 2 years ago.
Welcome back!

If you click here you will get the instructions for the cam sensor and the crank sensor is just a unbolt and remove procedure.

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.

2. Remove the air cleaner housing.

3. Disconnect the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor harness connector.

4. Remove the retaining bolt and the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor.

5. To install, reverse removal procedure.

As always, Thanks for asking!

LJ

If you have any further questions or need more help at all please feel free to reply. If not, Please remember we use an honor system and you must click on accept for me to receive credit for assisting you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
need labor time to do both of these?
Sure,

The crank sensor calls for 2.0 if its a coupe, and 0.7 if a sedan or convertible.

Cam sensor calls for 0.5 hour.

Below is a diagram showing the location of the crank sensor.

graphic

Virtual Wrench (L J), Chrysler Mechanic
Experience: 35 years Master Mechanic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, the pictures and directions for the crankshaft sensor are not correct.....

The crankshaft sensor appears to be under the motor mount behind the starter, so should be remove the starter to gain access to the sensor?

Its a 2005 2.4 correct?

What is the 8th digit of the vin #?

Coupe, sedan or convert?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Vin: 1C3EL46X45N622947

X is 8th digit

SEDAN

Thanks,

They has 3 different 2.4 engines :-(

See if this looks closer.

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so will the camshaft sensor directions be different as well?
Shouldn't be but let me check real quick.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no, that one is NOT the right one either

Thanks,

If its not back there, the only other one i show is behind the timing belt. The cam sensor is the same across the board for all engine sizes.

graphic
Virtual Wrench (L J), Chrysler Mechanic
Experience: 35 years Master Mechanic