ND-TECH
ND-TECH, CJDR Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Certified and CJDR Master
26707557

Chrysler Crossfire Limited: Crossfire wont start. Ignition-key

Customer Question

Crossfire won't start. Ignition-key set to start, starter stays dead. When starter is bridged with 12 V, the starter will turn the engine, but engine still won't jump.
Any ideas???
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 5 years ago.
Ok well i need a bit more info first. Does the keyless entry for the vehicle work? Also is there a red light on the dash that is on when you are trying to start the vehicle or when the key is turned to the run position?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Keyless entry works just fine. I couldn't find any red light on the dash exept the light that go on, when you turn the ignition to run.
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 5 years ago.

Ok well you are looking at either 1 of three possibilities. Either the skreem module has failed. This is the security module for the vehicle and if it fails it will not allow the vehicle to crank over. This has to be replaced by a dealer as it has to be programed with a factory scan tool when replaced for it to work. Second is the PCM has failed. This is rare but can happen. That also has to be replaced by a dealer and programed with a factory scan tool as well. Third is the relay module which house all they relays under the hood.

To verify failure of any of these you need access to a factory scan tool so you can view the data stream going to each of these modules. Then for the relay module you also need a scan tool so you can check all the inputs to it with a DMM and scan tool by activating each circuit with the scan tool. Its a very timely process to find out which one it is and is best to take it to the dealer to verify this for you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
First, many thanks for your help! I understand the PCM is the Power Train Module. Can you tell me where it is located and could it be the Pulse Module as well? And where can I find the relay module?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Let me add one additional information: when the problem started, the starter made that clicking noise, as long as you had the key turned to start, but the starter never turned over.
After I had checked all connections of the battery the starter was totally dead, not even the clicking noise. Will this change your diagnosis?
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 5 years ago.
ok well i would then take 12 volts to the starter solenoid first then and see if the starter engages. If it does then go with what i stated above. if it dosent then you need to replace the starter. But as for your post before that, yes that is what the PCM is. It is located next to the battery under the cover that looks like a fuse box. The relay module is where all the relays are located under the hood. It could be the pulse module but i have never replaced one before so i wouldnt list that. I have seen the things i listed above all cause a no crank before.