Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

2006 PT..the BCM is part of the instrument cluster..dealership

Customer Question

I have been told that the BCM is bad in my 2006 PT Crusier. I was also informed that the BCM is part of the instrument cluster. Is this replacement something that only the dealership can do or can I do it? Is there any programming or compatibility issues that I need to be concerned about? Are they available used? If so will I have to have one from a "like" PT. Same year, same features, etc?
Steve
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. It is true that the BCM is integrated into the cluster and is something that you can replace yourself. Just be aware that if you do get a used one from a same year PT with the same options it will display a different odometer mileage than what you have. You would be better of getting a re manufactured or refurbished cluster.

Chris
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was told by my brother-in-law that you have to have the same serial/partial vin number so that a refurbished or used one dosen't conflict with other control/computer modules in the car. Correct or will any one manfactured or refurbished for a 2006 PT work?
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
Your brother is correct. Not just any cluster for a PT same year will work. You need to match the part number from the original to the replacement one.

Chris
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You still available?

Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
Yes. I was off line for a while but am now home for the evening.

Chris
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The part number is XXXXX where on the cluster?
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.

It will be on a label on the back of the cluster.

Chris

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. Do you know where I can purchase one of these?
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
Your best bet would be to get it from your Chrysler dealers parts department.

Chris