snapontech, Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.

1996 Chrysler Concorde LX: an overheating problem..coolant..reservoir

I have a 1996 Chrysler Concorde LX with a 3.5L. It developed an overheating problem so I replaced the thermostat, didn't help. Pressure tested cooling system,had a small leak on the coolant reservoir. When it idles for long periods of time it still overheats. The low speed fan was not coming on at 209 deg. The high speed will come on at 230. But by that point it's spewing water! I can cycle both hi and low speed fans with my scan tool. I have replaced the coolant temp. sensor, didn't help. I have run jumper wires between the PCM and low speed fan relays, still the same problem! Replaced PCM, guess what? Yup, same problem! After all this I discovered that the low speed fan will work if the ac is on! Sometimes when the key is turned the hvac controls don't work at all, also no fuel or temp gauge readings. If you cycle the key again everything works! I have also cleaned the ground wires on the battery and grounds on the left and right front frame rails. I don't have access to factory service manuals which would help tremendously! What the hell am I missin here???
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  snapontech replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer, My name isXXXXX am here to help.

The problem is the body control module. Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is that located in the left front fender behind the battery?
Could the ignition switch cause this problem?
No its the body control module CLICK HERE FOR LOCATION Seen this more than once you can get one from or ebay also local salvage yards like 100 bucks or less. Thanks