sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

chrysler 300 Touring: my esp bas light, abs light, CEL and

my esp bas light, abs light, CEL and brake light is on and car wont go over 30 mph
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Which engine do you have?

Do you know what fault codes are setting?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the esp bas, abs, CEL, and brake light.the engine is a 3.5 L V6

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what do u mean by that. the fault codes i listed are on and wont go off.

Those are warning lights. Fault codes are what set in different control modules when the modules see a problem, and then often warning lights are turned on.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is seeing what fault codes are set. We may be able to do this ourselves. Cycle the key from off to on three times ending with it on and watch the digital odometer display. Don't crank the starter, just off to on. The codes start with a P and have four numbers, there may be more than one stored. Write down any that you see and post them here.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the numbers is 0121 and 1120

P0121 sets when the throttle position signal doesn't agree with the MAP sensor's signal. This is related to the warning lights you have on.

P1120 isn't a valid code for your car. Is that a typo, or could you double check that one?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i went and double check P0121 and P1120 numbers still show up. the p1120 i think means throttle postion sensor signal is out of range

P1120 is a throttle position sensor code, but it's not in the service information for your vehicle. I went all the way up to a 2009 vehicle and it's not there. I have to wonder if it's not reporting correctly because of a software issue.

This code along with the P0121 tell us there is a problem with the number 1 throttle position sensor, which is an integral part of the throttle body. There are two TPS's inside for redundancy. You either have a wiring problem from the sensor back to the powertrain control module or the sensor itself is bad. Some electrical testing will need to be done to determine what is happening for sure, most likely the throttle body will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how much will this cost to fix
That depends on what is wrong. If the throttle body is the problem it runs $182 and calls for .4 hour labor to replace. If there is a wiring problem it will just be the labor to find and repair the problem.
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist