Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

Chrysler Town & Country: I cannot get the battery out of

Customer Question

I cannot get the battery out of the remote key fob for my 2008 Chrysler Town & Country. I've tried using a flat-head screw driver, a magnet, tape, and finally a thin tweezer to no avail. Help!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  snapontech replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer, My name is Danny I am here to help.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just don't see a notch near the key ring, Danny. I had read a similar answer on "just answer Chrysler" a few minutes ago. I'm trying to see what you are telling me. So the RKE fob is about 1.5" wide at the largest end, .5" wide on the "PANIC" button end, and 1/4" wide if I am looking at it from the side. I'm thinking you are saying I should see a notch on the 1/4" part of the fob. Is this correct?
Yes it will split apart in the middle after the cover is off you put the coin in there it will pop apart. Let me know if you cant figure it out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can put my fingernail in the slit in what I'm calling the side of the fob; there is no way anything thicker than my fingernail will go in that slit. I'm trying...
I would try a dime thats the best thing I have found anything else will just break the plastic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I asked my husband to try this, too. He said, "Nope; I'm not breaking the plastic." I'm just going to take it next week to the place where I first bought a second RKE. Thanks anyway...
Sure, I can opt out maybe someone has a video
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That might help. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I still cannot replace the battery.
Expert:  Chris replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I know that those batteries are very difficult to remove. A very poor design. I believe that using a pair of needle nose pliers seemed to work best for me. Use a medium to small pair of needle nose pliers, and grab the edge of the battery and pull quickly. Good luck,