Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified
12104952

2006 Pacifica: power seat..front seats..back seat..relay click

2006 Pacifica power seat recline not operating on either side of front seats. Forward and back seat operation working. You can hear relay click when operating recline switch. Fuses 40,41,47,46, and 3 good. wiring diagrams from Mitchell on demand leave alot to be desired. where do I go next.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name isXXXXX you said you hot wired the motor, do you méan you ran power and ground directly go the motor?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes theres a blue and black wire that comes off the top of the motor in the seat back I disconnected the pig tail and ran power and ground both ways trying to run the motor both ways. It did not operate but there were at least three more wires that run to the lower section on the motor. I believe they maybe contols that turn the motor on. I also checked power coming to the motor and it was hot coming to the blue wire to the motor. when I operated the recline switch.
Ok thanks.

There is a "position sensor" incorporated into these motors.

The additional three wires are for the memory seat position system and they won't have any effect on whether the motor runs or not when it is hot wired.

So, if you have run power and ground directly to the motor and it doesn't work, then you have a bad motor.