Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified

2008 PT Cruiser: cooling fan..battery died..garage..recharged

Our 2008 PT Cruiser cooling fan stays runing even when the key is off. The battery died because it would not stop running. I took the battery to a garage and had it survist and the battery has been fully recharged. When i reinstalled it the battery the fan kicked back on. I think it may be a relay switch. I found the fuse box where the relay cuircits are but it will not budge. Is the box a complete assemble and the relay can't be replace but only by replacing the hole assemble?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name is Mark.

The cooling fan is controlled directly by the TIPM. The TIPM is a micro processor based control module and it is the part under the hood that hoses all the fuses.

There are no separate relays for the fan because the internal electronics of the TIPM control it's operation.

So, since your fan doesn't want to shut off it appears the internal electronics have failed and the complete TIPM would need to be replaced.

I hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need further assistance with this.