Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified

Malfunction light..P0406 EGR Flow sensor A CKT high input?Thanks

What does the malfunction light mean on the dash? P0406 EGR Flow sensor A CKT high input?
Thanks, Cheryl
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name is Mark.

This is Chrysler's description for that code number....

The egr valve has an internal position sensor that the computer uses to monitor the movement of the valve. What this code is telling you is that there is a problem with this sensor or the wiring going to the valve.

This is a fairly common code and after doing a visual inspection of the wiring to make sure it is ok, it is pretty safe to simply replace the valve.

I hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Valve to what? I don't want to take it in if its not that big of a deal...
The part in question is called an egr valve.

You didn't specify which engine you have but on the Hemi engine The electronic EGR valve and solenoid assembly is attached to the front of the right cylinder hea.

Replacing it is pretty straightforward. There are 2 bolts holding the valve to the engine and 2 small bolts holding a pipe to the valve. So, you remove these bolts and undo the wire connector and then install the new one.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If i just leave it alone will it be okay? I have had it go on twice in 2 months.
As long as you aren't having any problems with the way the engine is running, then you can postpone the repair if needed.

One thing to add though and that is a bad egr valve can affect your fuel mileage, so just be aware of that.