Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified

Chrysler Pacifica Touring How I disable the TPMS

Customer Question

I have a 2005 model year Chrysler Pacifica built in 4/2004. The TPMS system has become difficult. I want to know how to disable the TPMS system so that I do not continue to get messages on the message system on the lower left corner of the dash and I want the light to go out permanently.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 years ago.

Hello, My name isXXXXX am a Certified Auto Technician with 25+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. I don't know your automotive experience level, so I may have to ask questions of you before I can answer. I only know as much about your concern as you have stated in your post, so please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible.

Unfortunately there is no way to disable the TPMS, it is a federally mandated system and there are no provisions to disable it whatsoever, Even the dealer has no way of disabling the system. The only way to get the light to go out is to repair the system and be sure tires are at the proper pressures...

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

As you know, this is a PAY Site...Your Deposit to JustAnswer DOES NOT Pay me until you click the "ACCEPT" button...I work VERY Hard for you. Remember, my answer is based on the information you posted here, so feel free to add any additional information you feel may be helpful...When I have answered your question, please Click "ACCEPT" to complete the transaction...Bonuses & Feedback are ALWAYS Appreciated!...Need more help? Just ask...Follow-ups are FREE even after you ACCEPT! If you are not satisfied with my answer, let me know before accepting, and I will be happy to open up the question for the other experts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My experience level is fairly high, so I will be able to follow instructions excerpted from the Chrysler manual.

In 2005 (actually April of 2004- the build date) TPMS was optional on this car. The federal mandate didn't go into effect until a few years after it was built.

Pacificas were coming down the assembly line with and without TPMS. There has to be a way to disable / remove it and for this car it won't be illegal.

Sorry i was offline when you answered.

Have a great day
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 years ago.
You're right, it can be done, but not by using a scanner, it is not a programmable feature that the technician can turn on and off. Trust me, I know my way around the factory scanners, and there is no option in the scanner to disable the tpms.. What you will need to do is purchase the SKREEM module (Immobilizer module) that is not equipped with TPMS. If you post the VIN, I can check the sales code for TPMS, then I can give you the correct part number for the SKREEM module for non TPMS.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Vin is 2C8Gm68475R647973.

Can you ewstimate a cost for the SKREEM Module also?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was hoping that by unplugging the receiver module and/or jumping/grounding a couple of the wires the car would quit looking for the information from the receiver.
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 years ago.

No, once it "learns" that the module is there, it never forgets it, and it WILL NOT start if the module is left disconnected...The non TPMS SKREEM module does not look for the tire pressure sensors, and will not send any messages to the in effect it will be like it never had it....

ok, the part number you will need for the SKREEM module WITHOUT TPMS is:(NNN) NNN-NNNNG It lists for $127 but you may be able to order it online a bit cheaper, If you chose to install it yourself, I would recommend doing it at the parking lot of the dealer as once you install it, the vehicle will not start until it is initialized and the keys are programmed to it...Most dealers will charge around $75 to $100 for the initialization and key programming...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

OK Last question i'm pretty sure. Sorry to be chatty.

Where is the recever module for the TPMS and what is the part #?

Expert:  Robert R replied 5 years ago.
The SKREEM module IS the receiver module for the TPMS system. I posted the part number above...The SKREEM module is responsible for the Immobilizer function, The Remote Keyless Entry, and the Tire Pressure Monitoring System. It receives the radio signals from all 3 systems... Now Unless you have a Premium TPMS system that displays tire pressure for each of the tires, the SKREEM module is the only TPMS receiver...
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 years ago.

Sorry about that, you were probably asking for the part number for the SKREEM module that has TPMS. The part number is:(NNN) NNN-NNNNE, Normal price on that one is $113 The location of the SKREM module is under the steering column covers, the ring circles the ignition key cylinder...

PS Thanks for Accepting!!