Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

2001 Town & Country. Cruise Control Failure. Select Cruise control.

Customer Question

2001 Town & Country. Cruise Control Failure. Select Cruise control. Annuciator comes on. Move forward annuciator drops out. Unable to reselect. Changed out the following.

-Brake light Switch

-Horn pad controls all good. Horn works stero wheel switchs all work.

-Cruise control unit underhood swapped out. I worked in the other Minivan. My unit was put in other van. other van cruise still works.

- New clockspring installed. No change.

Is this now a wiring issue?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sir or Madam, My name isXXXXX to Just Answer. I will do my best to help you with your concern. Have you had the vehicle scanned? The pcm will store cruise control related Codes. Try taking it to an auto part store like AutoZone, they usually will scan it for free. Post any codes here and I will help you figure out what the problem is...Wink
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay, Robert. No I have not had a PCM scan yet. I will do that next and get back to you.

Not sure when.Embarassed

Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
No problem, Take your time, I'll get back to you as soon as possible after you post any codes here. Remember to come back to this same question when you're ready...Wink
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Got a P code P1595
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I have been researching this concern and now have some information for you...

Ok the P1595 is for the cruise control servo circuits, If the wiring all tests ok, then likely the servo is bad. I'm posting all the info you need in order to diagnose the servo circuits.

Here is the Flowchart - Click here to view

Wiring diagrams:

Connector Pinouts for the PCM - Click here to view and Click here to view

Connector Pinout for the servo - Click here to view

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help until your concern is resolved. Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Robert

******************************************************

As you know, this is a PAY Site...Your Deposit to JustAnswer DOES NOT Pay me until you click the "ACCEPT" button...I work VERY Hard for you. Remember, my answer is based on the information you posted here, so feel free to add any additional information you feel may be helpful...When I have answered your question, please Click "ACCEPT" to complete the transaction...Bonuses & Feedback are ALWAYS Appreciated!...Need more help? Just ask...you can follow up on this question even after you ACCEPT! If you are not satisfied with my answer, let me know before accepting, and I will be happy to open up the question for the other experts.