garrtim, service manager
Experience:  20+ years chrysler certified

2007 pt cruiser: to disengage car alarm or relay..key fob

How to disengage car alarm or relay on 2007 pt cruiser. My car alarm went off this morning. The key fob does nothing. The only way I got it off was to unhook the battery. When I reconnected battery, I opened the door and the alarm started going off again so I had to disconnect battery again. At this point I just don't want it going off. I assume there is a relay somewhere that I can disconnect or is there some other option

hello, the only way to disarm this vehicle is by using an active remote-- there is no way to bypass the system-- i would take remote apart and replace the batteries and use it to lock unlock doors to shut alarm off

For vehicles built for the North American market, passive disarming of the VTA occurs by inserting the valid key in ignition or by turning the ignition switch to the On position using a valid Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS) key. Active disarming of the VTA for all markets occurs when the vehicle is unlocked by depressing the "Unlock" button of the RKE transmitter. Once the alarm has been activated, either disarming method will also deactivate the alarm. Depressing the "Panic" button (if equipped) on the RKE transmitter will not disarm the VTA.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do I have to have the battery hooked up for this to work or canI have the key in the ignition first and the reconnect battery? like I said the instant I hook up the battery the alarm starts going off key fob not disengaging
does the key fob lock and unlock the doors?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no - it was working fine until this morning i have to manually lock/unlock right now

then we need to get the key bob to work inorder to disarm alarm

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I do that? If I need to take it somewhere , I want to be able to disarm the system. I'm assuming there is a relay somewhere that I can take out so the alarm will not go off

the only way to disarm is with the remote fob -- no other way-- try replacing the batteries in the remote fob

there is no relay -- it is all in the body control computer

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

so if batteries do not work - i need to get the car towed? Also, why would the alarm go off when I unlocked the door this morning manually? All the info I'm getting is that if you unlock the door manually it should disable the alarm - why does that not work?

if remote does not work -- car will need to be towed -- if car is locked using remote -- alarm will set -- only way to disarm is the remote-- if using key indoor -- alarm will sound
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I lock the doors with the panel not the remote when getting out of the car. does this mean there is a problem with the system or just remote

odds are we just have a remote issue