sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

2004 Pacifica: driving my..warning light..tire..! Next repair shop

While driving my 2004 Pacifica, there is a warning light "service tire system soon" that comes on usually every time I drive the car. Upon the first appearance (approx 6 mos ago) I took to our local Chrysler dealer to check out, where supposedly it was reset. Not! Next repair shop told me they could reset; only by Chrysler dealer. I have taken the car to two more repair shops (one of them more than one time) and they all have assured me the system was reset. However, yesterday (10/8) it happened again. It seems to be coming on more often and to be truthful, it is very annoying. As stated, I have had the tire systems checked by numerous mechanics. Please help !?!?!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There's nothing to reset. When this warning is displayed it's because there is a problem in the system that needs to be repaired.

I'm assuming the tire pressures are set to 36 PSI cold. If not, that's the first step.

From there it will take a dealer level scan tool to see what fault codes are storing when this message is displaying. The module that monitors the sensors will have stored codes, which is the reason the warning goes off.

Most likely you have one or more sensors that will need to be replaced. The tire pressure sensors have internal batteries and they do have a finite life, all tire pressure sensors will have to be replaced at some point. Your car is at the age where that is going to be happening if it hasn't already.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It makes me wonder why my "certified" Chrysler dealership wouldn't have told me this in the first place. After how many repair bills I have had to pay, it is rather maddening and now this means another service trip which will cost me how much? Thanks for the info; we'll see if the dealership will accept a suggestion given to them by a woman, even if I bring along your answer.

You could definitely print it out and bring it along if need be. It won't be all that welcome, but you just want your car fixed!

If I have been helpful clicking the Accept button will give me credit for helping you this morning. Have a great day and good luck with your car!