Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified

hemi..wont shift out of 1st, idles funny & clunks into gear

2006 300 with hemi. wont shift out of 1st, idles funny & clunks into gear when stopped. help?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name is Mark.

How long has the check engine light been on........and what fault codes are stored?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The check engine light is NOT on. It has done this two additional times previously. Both times the I had the computer scanned even though the light never came on, no codes were stored.
Ok, if there are no fault codes stored, then I don't have enough info to go on, so I will need to opt out unfortunateyl.

No need to reply otherwise the other experts won't see your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I apologize... I was mistaken earlier. I just realized that vehicle is in Temporary Limp Mode. 1st time it happened and computer scanned fult code P0748 was stored.
Ok thanks.

The Modulating Pressure Control Solenoid Valve's purpose is to control the modulating pressure depending on the continuously changing operating conditions, such as load and gear change.

The Modulating Pressure Control Solenoid Valve is always active. The solenoid uses pulse width modulation (PWM) to control the transmissions hydraulic fluid pressure that is determined by the Transmission Control Module

Start by testing all of your fuses since it is possible for this code to set with a blown fuse. If the fuses are ok, then you will need to inspect the wire connector going into the right front corner of the transmission. You will need to look for damaged wires or damaged pins.

If all of that looks ok, then you will most likely need to replace the electro-hydraulic assembly and this is mounted on top of the valve body inside the transmission.

I hope this information is helpful and let me know if you need further assistance with this.