brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

2006 PT Cruiser:How do I reset the Memory 2?

Customer Question

2006 PT Cruiser:

How do I reset the Memory 2?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. not sure what your asking........What is it you are trying to reset?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

IN the instrument cluster just over the steering column, there are three circular sets of instruments. on the far letft side there are two instrument settinga: fuel and engine operating temperature,

At the bottom of this circular instrument read out is the message center, which reveals the ambient temperature, compass reading, radio setting, operating preferences of the driver, plus several informational readings.

I was going throught the settings when all of a sudden the reading came up in Spanish. Then, there came the immovable reading "Memory 2 profile set." From there,I can not reverts to the English system to reset the message center. Lights flash on remote opening, horn sound, etc, etc, does not work.

Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
to set and recall features when the transmission is in Park by pressing and releasing the STEP button until Personal Settings is displayed in the EVIC. When you push the STEP button what happens?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nothing. "MEMORY @ PROFILE SET" remains on the read out.
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Then I suggest trying to disconnect the battery for a couple minutes and see if it will reset. Then you should be able to change the settings
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry to keep you so long waiting. Difficulty with metric wrencches.

BUT!!!!! SUCCESS!!!!

Thank you very much. Have a wonderful day! God Bless, Walt

Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Awesome!

Thanks for letting me know!