kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

How to remove dash from 300C to expose the evaporator

Customer Question

how to remove dash from 300C to expose the evaporator
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  kalamykid replied 3 years ago.

kalamykid :

Please hold on as it will take me a few minutes to get all the directions and diagrams scanned into my pc so i can post them for you. Be right back asap.

Customer:

ok..thank you

kalamykid :

be back asap.

kalamykid :

here are the directions.

Customer:

ok...I'm ready

kalamykid :

Full Size Image

kalamykid :

Full Size Image

kalamykid :

Full Size Image

kalamykid :

Full Size Image

kalamykid :

Full Size Image

kalamykid :

Full Size Image

kalamykid :

Full Size Image

kalamykid :

Full Size Image

kalamykid :

Full Size Image

kalamykid :

You can click on each link and the directions will open in a new window, and then you can print them off if needed.

Customer:

ok...thank you...I have already look over a few and have done most of them

kalamykid :

youare very welcome.

Customer:

will I be able to save this information as I have no printer...save it here in our chat...or can it be emailed to me ??

kalamykid :

Once you have opened them in a new window just right click over the top of them and tell it to save them to a folder.

kalamykid :

Or you can come back to this string as many times as needed with out any more charges.

kalamykid :

when you right click on each one it will have a few options, click on "save picture as" and then it willopen a new window for you to save the filt to a folder.

Customer:

ok thank you again...very detailed and great information

kalamykid :

you are very welcome.

Customer:

now that I have the infor...is removing the evaporator that much more after clearing the dash?

kalamykid :

You will ave to pull the lines loose form the evaporator under te hood as well as the heater core hoses, then you can unbolt the hvac box from the fire wall and then pull the top off and replace the evaporator core.

Customer:

the system is already drawn down...so I need to drain off the heater core?

kalamykid :

Let me double check to make sure, be right back.

Customer:

ok...thank you

kalamykid :

yes the heater core hoses will also have to come off as the heater core and evap core will come oput when you pull the hvac housing out.

kalamykid :

There are three nuts under the hood that hold the hvac housing to the fire wall.

Customer:

ok..I think I saw them Long nuts ...and the whole black box comes out with the heater core in it's housing...I think I got it

kalamykid :

Take your time and do not tug on anything, if you have all the bolts out then it will fall out.

Customer:

Your information surely will help me finish this job ...information is power and you sir are very good at what you do...Thank you again

kalamykid :

you are very welcome.

Customer:

By the way...on one of the diagrams...it looks as if the dash stays attach to the steel railing?Is that correct?

kalamykid :

yes the framing is bolted to the back side of the dash.

Customer:

I'm guessing as the dash pulls away I need to disconnect wiring..I'm thinking you have made this alot easier for me ..just checking before I click off the chat

kalamykid :

yes the wires are disconected as posted in the first few diagrams.

kalamykid :

You do not have to pull the wires loose at the sateering column, as the wires will stay in the back of the dash.

Customer:

ok...thanks again

kalamykid :

you are very welcome.

kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience: I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello...I would like more information on how to remove the A/C evaporator and replacing it.I asked another tech...I look at what he said I needed to do..but didn't find that would get my problem fixed.You were great the first time around and If you can help pleased do

Expert:  kalamykid replied 3 years ago.
What do you need help with? If you can be as specific as posible I will do my best to help you, with diestions and diagrams if i have them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I need help getting the A/C evaporator out to replace it.I've already drawn the A/c system down...the dash is removed..Needing help removing old evaporator to replace with new and recharge the system ..Thank you.WHat do I need to do ...to get this part of my job done.Thank you
Expert:  kalamykid replied 3 years ago.
If you will give me just a little bit I will post all the directions for removing the evap core as well as all the diagrams I can. Be back asap.
Expert:  kalamykid replied 3 years ago.

these may not be in order, so look at all of them before you get started. There are a couple of them that are the instalation, so the removal will be the oposite.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here