Could you perform this procedure for me? Just like it says.
In order to determine if the popping/clicking/snapping/ticking sound is coming from the
front hub/half shaft interface, perform the following procedure:
1. Raise the vehicle on an appropriate hoist and remove both front wheels.
2. Remove the cotter pin, nut lock, and wave washer from the end of both front half
3. With the vehicle's brakes
applied to keep hub from turning, loosen both half shaft nuts
to zero torque.
4. With the service brake applied, shift the vehicle from Drive to Reverse and Reverse to
Drive. Once the transmission is engaged in gear, raise the engine speed to 1800 rpm.
5. If the sound is not present, perform the Repair Procedure. If the sound is still present,
the source of the sound is elsewhere.