Don Knight
Don Knight, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  40+ years experience all makes&models

Chrysler PT Cruiser Where is the port for adding coolant for

Where is the port for adding coolant for AC on a 2006 PT Cruiser? How do you get to it? Step by step instructions please.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Don Knight replied 5 years ago.

Don Knight :

The service ports are located in two places.The low side (which is where you add freon) is located by the strut tower on the passenger side.It is on the hose that goes to the accumulator.The high side port is located down by the compressor and is not very axcessible.It is easier to get to if you have the Cruiser on a lift.You really should have a set of a/c gages to do this job properlly.Most parts houses have a a/c recharge kit that comes with a gage attached to the can of freon but that wont show you what is going on with the high side of the system.If the system is low on freon you have a leak somewhere and need to be corrected.I really dont recommened you service your a/c system with out the proper equipment or the expertice.Please let me know if you have any further questions,Don