Max Kenney
Max Kenney, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  33 years with Chrysler Corp. as a service engineer & technical instructor. ASE Master Auto Tech.
23860428

Chrysler Crossfire My crossfire spoiler is stuck in the up

Customer Question

My crossfire spoiler is stuck in the up position. the red light on the manual switch is blinking and when i go above a certain speed an alarm sounds. can anyone help
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Max Kenney replied 6 years ago.

Max Kenney :

Hi, my name is Max and I have some experence with this problem.

Max Kenney :

We usually find that the linkage for the spolier that allow it to open and close is bent or twisted and is binding and will not allow the spoiler to retract, hence the flashing light.

Max Kenney :

We find that this bending happens when the spolier is manually switched to the UP position and is up all the time and the car goes through a automatic car wash or kids try to move the spolier when it is parked. The linkage is not as robust as maybe it should be and will bend easily if forced.

Max Kenney :

You might be able to locate the area of the linkage that is binding and get it sorted out but if not your local dealer should be able to repair it for you at minumn cost.

Max Kenney :

Hope this helps.

Max Kenney :

Keep me posted.

Max Kenney :

Max

JACUSTOMER-5n45xi3n- :

I dont think this is the problem as the car is never left with the spoiler up and nver been through a car wash, i put the spoiler up tp show someone how it worked and then it would not go back down. i think it is most probably electrical rather than mechanical.

Max Kenney :

Maybe your right.