garrtim
garrtim, service manager
Experience:  20+ years chrysler certified
6531745

Chrysler Town & Country LXi I need to disable the anti-theft

I need to disable the anti-theft system on my 2002 Chrysler T&C. Can I do this easily and safely from home?

garrtim :

Passive disarming occurs upon normal vehicle entry by unlocking either door with the ignition key/remote transmitter. This disarming will also halt the alarm once it has been activated.

garrtim :

there is no way to completelty disarm the security system -- it is part of the body control module programming,tim

Customer:

You've got to be kidding. How can it be that there is no way to completely disable the system I don't want it. I have only one sentry key that will actually start and run the car. a new key, programmed is $110. I have a key that will work, but it's not a sentry key. That means that the anti theft shuts down the car after it starts. So, I'm stuck with only one key, no back up... There must be a way to cut a wire or something...

garrtim :

there is no wire to cut -- as i stated the security system is part of the body control module-- there is no way to completely diasable the system--we have been down this road many times before