ricardo hohl
ricardo hohl, Instructor
Experience:  ase master/factory certified/and automotive instructor

Chrysler Pacifica service immobilizer light is on 2006 pacificia

Customer Question

service immobilizer light is on 2006 pacificia car wont turn over, car was 1 quart low on oil and oil was replaced . waited an hour still wont turn over
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  ricardo hohl replied 3 years ago.

ricardo hohl :

hi, are you using the original key or a copy?

Customer:

it is an original key

ricardo hohl :

ok, does the remote locks and unlocks the doors?

Customer:

we have disconnected the battery for 10 minutes, and then reattached, still wont turn over

Customer:

yes the locks work with the remote, radio works

ricardo hohl :

ok, try locking and unlocking the door manually with the key.

Customer:

the horn beeped and the car alarm went off, needed to turn off alarm with remote, car still wont turn over

Customer:

but i did lock and unlock car manually

ricardo hohl :

ok then the alarm is not the problem , does it cranck over?

Customer:

no it doesnt turn over at all

ricardo hohl :

ok, have you try a booster pack? is the battery fully charge?

ricardo hohl :

ok, lest do a battery load test to see what the problem may be , first turn the head lights on and try cranking the engine with them on see if the lights dim to the point were they go out.

Customer:

no battery problems, thelights stay bright when attempting to turn car over, car still doesnt turn over

ricardo hohl :

ok, when crancking the engine the light should dim a little this will indicate that the ignition switch is ok and the starter is good , no dimming of the lights will mean no ignition cranck activity.

Customer:

the car isnt cranking at all , the starter isnt getting any power

ricardo hohl :

do the lights dim at least a litle when turning the key to cranck.

Customer:

no because there is no cranking going on when i turn the key

ricardo hohl :

i understand what you are sayig about the no cranck but also the relay and transmission controller are conected to the same circuit and also the safety newtral switch and even if the starter is not getting power the lights will still dim a little indicating that they are operational, thats why i ask ,i know the starter is not getting power that is what we are trying to diagnose.

Customer:

i will go out and check again

ricardo hohl : Ok.
ricardo hohl : Let me know.
Customer:

a friend came over and checked all the relays and they are working, he even disconnected the remote car starter, but still nothing

Customer:

any other thoughts ?

ricardo hohl :

ok, let me opt out and let another expert help you on this i am having software problems sorry for the delay.