Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified
12104952

I HAVE A 2001 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY LXI AND THE SPEEDOMETER QUIT.

Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name is Mark.

The speedometer needle rests against a small pin. If you look closely, can you tell me what side of the pin the needle is on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

THE NEEDLE IS ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE PIN. IT IS IN ABOUT THE 6:30 SPOT ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE PIN.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it might be. This generally occurs when there is low battery voltage so you may want to have your battery tested to make sure it is ok.

To get the needle back where it belongs you need to put the instrument cluster into a re-calibration mode. Once you do the following, the cluster will go through a series of checks and when it is finished the needle should be back on the correct side of the pin.

1. With the ignition switch in the OFF position, depress the TRIP ODOMETER RESET button.
  2. Continue to hold the TRIP ODOMETER RESET button until Sof and a number (software version number (i.e. Sof 3.2) appears in the odometer window (about five seconds) then release the button.