Chad
Chad, Lead Master Tech
Experience:  Electrical master,Diesel Specialist,Lead tech/ shop foreman
12781541

Chrysler Pacifica we have a 2005 pacifica chrysler. A year

we have a 2005 pacifica chrysler. A year ago we started having a problem with our gas tank. the car will be around 1/2 full and it goes to showing it is low on fuel. Then when we go to fill it up, we put the fuel hose in tank and it shuts off after about 12 liters. You then have to slow the flow and it keeps shuting off and we have to restart filling again. The dealers have put different things on and we still have the problem. Hope you can help us out. Jim and Marion Sodergren On July 22/10 fort City Chrysler blew out the vent lines. That did not work.On September10/10 Fort City Chyrsler put in a new canister and solenoid. That did not help the problem either.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad replied 3 years ago.
There is a complete procedure rom Chrysler that the dealer is suppose to follow to solve this problem.14-001-09 REV. A is the TSB number.

DISCUSSION:
Customer may report that the vehicle is hard to fill with fuel or that the fuel pump nozzle
shuts off repeatedly while trying to fill vehicle.
This customer complaint can occur due to a number of different causes. The fuel tank is the least likely cause of this condition. The following Diagnostic procedure can be used to diagnose the issues.

DIAGNOSIS:
1. Is the vehicle a LX/LE/LC/L2?
a. Yes >> proceed to Step #2
b. No >> proceed to Step #4
2. Idle the vehicle 60 to 90 seconds upon stopping.
3. Does tank refill properly?
a. No >> proceed to Step #4
b. Yes >> Inform the customer to idle the vehicle for 60 to 90 seconds upon stopping if
vehicle was driven aggressively. This is due to the fact that on the LX/LE/LC/L2 the
fuel tank is a unique saddle tank design and needs 30 to 60 seconds while the
engine is running to level the fuel in both half's of the fuel tank. Allowing the vehicle
to idle for this amount of time will let the fuel pump transfer fuel to the left side tank,
opening the control valve and allowing normal fuel filling.
4. Disconnect the vapor recirculation tube at the fuel tank.
5. Attempt to refill fuel tank.
6. Does tank refill properly?
a. Yes >> Proceed to Step #7
b. No>> Proceed to Step #11.
7. Reconnect the vapor recirculation tube at the fuel tank.
8. Disconnect the other end of the vapor recirculation tube at the fuel filler tube.
9. Attempt to refill fuel tank.
10. Does tank refill properly?
a. Yes >> Replace fuel filler tube.
b. No >> Replace the vapor recirculation tube.
11. Disconnect the control valve to EVAP canister tube at the fuel tank.
12. Reconnect the vapor recirculation tube at the fuel tank.
13. Does tank refill properly?
a. No >> Replace Fuel Tank.
b. Yes >> Proceed to Step #14.
14. Reconnect the control valve to EVAP canister tube at the fuel tank.
15. Disconnect the control valve to EVAP canister tube at the EVAP canister.
16. Attempt to refill fuel tank.
17. Does tank refill properly?
a. Yes >> Blockage is in the EVAP Canister, or ESIM, or Clean air hose (ESIM vent
hose), or filter. Diagnose appropriately.
b. No >> Replace the control valve to EVAP canister tube.
Chad, Lead Master Tech
Experience: Electrical master,Diesel Specialist,Lead tech/ shop foreman
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why can I not print this out for my information seeing I have paid the $18..00.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I still cannot print the answer out to my first question so that I can take it to our dealer.
Expert:  Chad replied 3 years ago.
Copy it and paste it to notepad and then print it.