Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chrysler Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Chrysler Diagnostics
18617752

Pt cruiser: radiator cap..i can add coolant to it thanks

i would like to know how to remove the radiator cap from my pt cruiser so that i can add coolant to it thanks

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

If you are only adding coolant to maintain proper levels, and not due to a repair of a cooling system component, you should add the coolant to the Coolant Recovery Bottle.

graphic

• Slowly fill coolant reserve/recovery bottle to at least the FULL HOT mark with the recommended coolant. It may be necessary to add additional coolant to the reserve/recovery bottle after three or four warm-up/cool down cycles to maintain coolant level between the FULL HOT and ADD marks. This is due to the removal of trapped air from the system.