ricardo hohl
ricardo hohl, Instructor
Experience:  ase master/factory certified/and automotive instructor
14457476

1998 chrysler cirrus: will not start and the headlights..flashing

Customer Question

my 1998 chrysler cirrus will not start and the headlights and the interrior lights are flashing what does it mean?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  ricardo hohl replied 3 years ago.

ricardo hohl :

hi, this means the security has been activated and needs to be reset, did the battery go dead or did you disconected the battery for any reason?

Customer:

no

Customer:

we drove it and ten minutes later it woulnd start

Customer:

and the lights all started blinking

Customer:

when i go to start the car the engine acts like it wants to start

Customer:

when i turn the ignition over i can hear the fuel pump turn over but im thinking that the engine isnt getting fuel for one reason of another

ricardo hohl :

ok, close all the doors and with the key lock and unlock the PASANGERS SIDE DOOR LOCK then open the drivers side door and see if the vehicle starts .

Customer:

kaasu68tresxzvccgh'c

Customer:

f

Customer:

nbj

Customer:

bd

Customer:

checkin it now

Customer:

wow it works thanks so much

ricardo hohl :

that is the valet switch the next time this happings you know what to do .it was a pleasure to help thank you

ricardo hohl :

is there anything else i can help you with?

Customer:

no but thanks

Customer:

waite

Customer:

can you tell me what

Customer:

a few cods mean? i looked in the book and that didnt have them?

Customer:

the obd 11 reader

ricardo hohl :

a few codes ? means computer codes some times wen there is a problem in the system like you had , the computer will store codes on its memory to help you diagnose the problem but you need a scaner to get in to the vehicles computer and get this codes .

Customer:

gave us 2 codes

Customer:

p1490

Customer:

p1489

ricardo hohl :

ok 11 is enter diagnostic state and the following codes are P1490 low speed fan relay , and P1489 is the hi speed fan relay , did you disconect or removed this relays at any time before.

Customer:

no

Customer:

so does that mean the we need to relace the fan relay?

ricardo hohl :

yes, replace the relay.

Customer:

ok thanks now thats all

ricardo hohl, Instructor
Experience: ase master/factory certified/and automotive instructor