sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Chrysler Town & Country Limited How do I replace the overhead

How do I replace the overhead console reading/map light bulb in a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The map light bulbs aren't hard to replace. The lenses pop off for bulb replacement.

Use a small screwdriver toward the front of the lens to pop it out of the console. Before you do, press the lens a few times and not where the pivot points are. The pivot points are where the lens snap into the console.

Once you have it snapped off the hinge points then drop it down and remove the lens. You will find the bulb sockets, which you can remove by hand or with pliers. They'll need a slight twist counterclockwise before pulling them out. The bulbs pop out of the sockets once the sockets are removed.

Once the sockets are out take a close look at the terminals and the area behind them for heat damage. If necessary you can clean any residue from the terminals and slightly bend them to make better contact in the console.