Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Certified Technician with 13 years of experience

2003 pt cruiser: the radiator..antifreeze

Just changed the radiator in my 2003 pt cruiser today. Could not get all the antifreeze back in. Assumed there is air trapped in the system. Started engine. Coolant temp gauge does not rise at all even after a few minutes. I'm afraid of hurting the engine. What should I do.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.

Hello, there is an air bleed fitting below the engine cooling system pressure cap, what you'll want to do is open that and fill the cooling system until a steady stream of coolant comes out of the fitting

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, I will try that. This is my first time on If that does not work, is there a way to let you know, or do I have to pay for another question?
Expert:  Josh replied 5 years ago.

You can always reply back in this same thread.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Josh!
Sorry to tak so long to accept answer - I wanted to try it, whcih I did this morning & it worked like a charm! Thanks so much for your help!!! Eddie