Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

Chrysler 300 C My 2006 Chrysler 300c shuts off once in a while

My 2006 Chrysler 300c shuts off once in a while most of the time while im at a light, recently it tried to shut off on me in the hwy but i guess since i had my foot on the accelerator it didnt shut off, it felt like it wanted to. I took it to the dealer but there is no check engine light so they were unable to help me. I had the throttle cleaned out. but no luck. Can you please help me... thx
Hello and welcome to just answer. There are 3 common causes for this. 1 a failing crank shaft position sensor, 2 a failing cam shaft position sensor, and 3 a failing PCM (engine computer). Either one can act up when the engine warms up. Do this: try to get your 300C to an auto parts store like AutoZone and ask them to connect their scan tool to your vehicle and check for any trouble codes. If there is a code for "loss of crank sensor signal or cam shaft sensor signal" then have the appropriate sensor replaced. If there are no codes at all, then suspect a failing PCM and have it replaced. Most auto parts stores will connect their scan tool for no charge to you.
Hope this information helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this.

Chris