Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

pt cruiser: first one run good..me how to reset the PCM.

Customer Question

my question is . my pt cruiser 2001 i was open pcm suitch by order pt cruiser the first one run good after remove the PCM i tried to start it's can not i want you help me how to reset the PCM.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 3 years ago.

Vladgmru :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Vladimir. Could you explain what exactly have you done and what is going on with your PCM? What do you mean by saing this: i was open pcm suitch?

Customer :

after i am try to start it does' nt (i m already pay for the answer

Vladgmru :

Sir, I do not understand you. I am trying to help you, but I need to understand your problem and to know what you have already tried. Thanks.

Vladgmru :

You can't accept my answer because I haven't answered your question yet. Please let me know more about your problem. I do understand that in won't start but how it has happened?

Vladgmru :

Do you understand me?

Customer :

my problem is i m suitch my pt cruiser PCM by order pt cruier after put bake the car can not run the engine turn no spark (yes i do)

Customer :

i want you tell how to reset the PCM ,to make it run

Vladgmru :

As I understand you changed your PCM and now you car won't start. If this is correct, then the problem could be caused by your anti-theft system. You will need to program your ignition key into the new PCM. You will need a DRB III scan tool and a PIN code for your vehicle. PIN code is only available for dealers. If it is a used PCM from another car, then you probably can't adapt it for your car. Anyway, if you have DRB III and PIN code, you can try to program your key into the used PCM.

Customer :

yes this is the main problem i have bring the key with PCM to dealer this is your suggestion or i can find DRB III and pin code tell me where i can buy it

Customer :

any way thank you very much for your help

Vladgmru :

No, you can't just bring your PCM and key to a dealer. They need your car in order to carry out this procedure. A DRBIII scan tool is a quite expensive equipment and I do not think you are going to buy it just for one work. Anyway, try Ebay. As I said before, PIN code is only available to dealers. It is not public information.

Expert:  Vladgmru replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.