moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE and CHRYSLER Master Tech 30 years Chrysler Dodge&Jeep Dealership Exp
13195827

2005 300C: pressure sensor..the light went..ck engine light

Customer Question

I have a 2005 300C and the oil light comes and off I was told to replace the pressure sensor and did and the light went off for a week and know is back on and off and the ck engine light is on.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  moparfl replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JA. This sounds like you have some build up on the oil pump pickup screen and it will need to be removed and cleaned. You can check the oil pressure using a manual guage but if you have already replaced the sending unit then most likely the screen is getting blocked.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not getting any noise out of the engine and if the screen was blocked it would be a consistant issue and is not.
Expert:  moparfl replied 3 years ago.
No it would come and go and if you keep driving it like this it will start making noise.
Expert:  moparfl replied 3 years ago.
As you increase the engine rpm is will suck enough oil to build pressure so the light will go out and when the engine rpm drops you would have enough pressure to keep the oil light from coming on. and a lot of the times after the engine is shut off for a while some of the blockage will fall off of the screen and once it is restarted it will start to get blocked again. That why it will come and go but it will only get worse to the point where it will do engine damage.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have driven hundreds of miles with it like this and on lack of power also no loss of power could it be caused by the oil temp sender???
Expert:  moparfl replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I have replaced the oil pressure sensor but not the oil temp sensor...
Expert:  moparfl replied 3 years ago.
The oil temp sensor would not have anything to do with the oil pressure light coming on.