brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

2005 Chrysler 300: 5.7 hemi..kick..a blown engine .No compression

My 2005 Chrysler 300 m 5.7 hemi engine stoppeded on me with no check engine lights no problems lights. It would kick over but would not stay on.The dealership says I have a blown engine .No compression in cylinender # XXXXX and all the rest under 150.My question is would I have some kind of warning that something was wrong with engine.They want to sell me another engine.Milage is 117,000
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. Did they say why there is no compression? Is there a problem with a rocker arm, the head, the piston, etc?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They say the piston #4 has distroyed the cylinnder and supossedly throw bits of metal into the rest of engine? Again there was no check engine lights or any warning.I parked car did errand came back to car and it would not stay on.It would turn over but would not stay on.Can you call me?XXX-XXX-XXXX Joe Santa Cruz
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

Sorry I can't call you as the site doesn't allow personal phone numbers or emails to go through just X's

This is odd it it gave no warning as if the piston came apart I would think you would have heard some noise not everything fine then turn it off and now wont start......just doesn't sound right........
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is it possible that what the dealership is saying is true.Can you have an engine come apart without any warning?Can there be no code warning without the engine running?

Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Possible to have a failure with out getting a warning light.......have not seen one fail though and not make noise? For the expense this is going to be I would get a second opinion to make sure it is what they say