Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician

Chrysler town and country rattling noise from area of second

rattling noise from area of second row, driver's side, automatic door
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I had a 2010 Town and Country in my shop just the other day with the same complaint. Does the rattle sound as if it is in the B pillar area (the area between the sliding door and the driver's door), or does the sound seem to be coming from under the floor near the second row seats?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the sound seems like it's coming from in the door. . .definitely not the area under the second row seats
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.

Ok, the problem may actually be in the striker/latch in the front driver's door. The van I had in the shop the other day was in that area, but sounded like it was in the sliding door. Open the driver's door, and using a #45 Torx wrench, loosen up the 2 striker bolts just enough so that the striker can be moved closer to the body (about 1/8"). Tighten the bolts and see if the noise is gone. This will make the door fit tighter and not rattle.