Amedee
Amedee, Chrysler Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2004 Pacifica: wont start..power, lights, radio, windows

2004 Pacifica won't start. Has power, lights, radio, windows. We replaced the battery. You turn the key and the engine doesn't try to start. Message on dash says, car not in park but it is. Memory lost, reprogram key and FOB. The car is sitting in a bad area. What's going on?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

Have you checked power down to the starter with the key in the crank position?

Are there any anti theft lights or security lights on or flashing on the dash?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My husband said the starter clicks.
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.
Sounds like you may have a bad starter. An intermittent starter that is going bad will work sometimes, all of a sudden not work, then start working again. You will need to catch it when it is not working and make sure you have battery voltage on both terminals of the starter when cranking. If battery voltage is present and the starter is not working, then the starter is bad and will need to be replaced!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why would the memo on the dash read car not in park and lost memory reprogram key and FOB?
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.
This could be because one of your computers on your vehicle is not waking up. You could have a bad or faulty module on your vehicle shorting out your BUS system. This is very common! This could cause your no crank condition.
Amedee, Chrysler Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector