Chad
Chad, Lead Master Tech
Experience:  Electrical master,Diesel Specialist,Lead tech/ shop foreman

Chrysler Concorde 01 chrysler concorde hood won,t open

Customer Question

01 chrysler concorde hood won,t open
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad replied 3 years ago.

Chad :

did the handle break or the cable?

Expert:  Chad replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
cable is probably broken
Expert:  Chad replied 3 years ago.
OK, what would you like info to do? Replace the hood release cable?
Opening the hood with the cable broken is alot of fun.If you think the cable broke, did it break at the release handle where you could use a pair of pliers to pull the cable to open the hood?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
tryed pulling cable, need to know how to get to hood latch
Expert:  Chad replied 3 years ago.
From under the car with a real long flat tip screwdriver. I will try to find a picture and post it for you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
need more info. dont see how to get to latch from underneath.
Expert:  Chad replied 3 years ago.
Using the screw driver push the lever I circled towards the drivers side.
You might also be able to get to it from thru the grill.

graphic

Edited by Chad on 2/20/2011 at 2:27 AM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
don,t see latch from bottom, need to know how to get to it.
Expert:  Chad replied 3 years ago.
You might need to loosen the lower panels to see up by the radiator and condenser.I am sorry I can't remember the exact places to remove and exact procedure for this. It had been a few months since I've done one.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i was looking for a better answer for eighteen dollors. using a long screwdriver was free on google.
Expert:  Chad replied 3 years ago.
Well I apologize that I can not be there in person to show you how to do it. If you give me a few minutes I can look for better way to explain how to get to it.
Expert:  Chad replied 3 years ago.
1.You will need a flashlight, long flat screwdriver, and some patience. Look underneath the center of the grill, find the latch, and pry the latch release at the cable. The hood should pop open.

This is actually the easiest way to do it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

01 chrysler concorde, could not see anything from grille

Expert:  Chad replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I will opt out so maybe someone else has an easier way to help explain how to do this.
Just don't reply to this post.

Edited by Chad on 2/20/2011 at 3:16 AM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
how to get to hood latch on chrysler concorde
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
was looking for more of a detailed way to get hood open
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
was looking for a more detailed way to get hood open, waiting for a answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the help i got from your expert was no help. a long screwdriver from the grille. no way to get to it. i took care of the problem myself, was able to get to it by removing some parts.