garrtim
garrtim, service manager
Experience:  20+ years chrysler certified

2008 Chrysler: 300...windows fog up and we are unable..temperature

2008 Chrysler 300. The windows fog up and we are unable to see out of them. When the temperature gets below 30 it is the worse. We have taken it to a dealer and no one seems to know what is going on. Please help we are about to get rid of the car and buy another XXXX.XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  garrtim replied 3 years ago.

garrtim :

hello, does this happen on all modes of operation?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

Hello are you there..

garrtim :

ok -- what you have going on then is a waterleak into the car -- pull up the sill plates and check under the carpet for any moisture

Customer:

we have put a towel on the mat and it has come out dry for over a week now. turned on the heat to make sure it is dry but as of yesterday the windows were the worse

Customer:

when we turn the heat on when the temp is under 30 the windows fog up and when it is over 30 and the heat is on no fog or very little

Customer:

we have made sure the mats are dry and the carpet.

garrtim :

have you lifted the carpet to feel the insulation under the carpet?

Customer:

Keene Chrysler had it for over an hour. no not yet

garrtim :

i see alot of waterleaks -- that will run down the pillars especially if you have a sunroof or waterleaks at the firewall-- this water will stay under carpet and can cause this concern

Customer:

no sunroof. how do we ck and see if there is waterleaks at the firewall.

garrtim :

i would first lift up the carpet at the door openings and reach under carpet and check for wetness in the insulation

Customer:

Keene Chrysler ck everything under the hood and couldn't find anything and said that there was moisture also. we have dried out the mat

Customer:

I wish you could talk to Paul it is so hard to do a three way conversation. Thank you for you input and if we need more help will go back on line with you...

Customer:

we just can't find out where the water would be coming from as all reservois (spelling) are full .

garrtim :

waterleaks are not easy to diagnose-- step one -- is to determine if we have waterleak by checking under the carpet for wetness -- the insulation is like a sponge and will hold water for a long long time-- then step two is to locate water leak

Customer:

Thank you we will try to get it to the garage and have them pull up the carpet. I wish they had done it when it was in there. They just told Paul to put in a water mat. Thank you and I will accept so you can get paid....

Customer:

could it come from the window if the seal had a crack in it. ????

garrtim, service manager
Experience: 20+ years chrysler certified