moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE and CHRYSLER Master Tech 30 years Chrysler Dodge&Jeep Dealership Exp

chrysler PT Cruiser I ve got a TCM fail in my PT CRUISER

Customer Question

I `ve got a TCM fail in my PT CRUISER 2006 , and the diagnostic information at TCM is P0882 , any tips ?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  moparfl replied 3 years ago.

P0882-TCM POWER INPUT LOW

For a complete wiring diagram, refer to the Wiring Information.

Theory of Operation

The Transmission Control Output circuit is used to supply power to the Transmission Solenoid/TRS Assembly and to the PCM when in normal operating mode. The purpose of the Transmission Output circuit is to allow the Transmission Control System to turn off the power to the Transmission Solenoid/TRS Assembly in the event that the transmission should need to be placed into "limp-in" mode due to a DTC.

After a PCM reset, (ignition switch turned to the run position, or after cranking the engine) the Transmission Control System verifies that the Transmission Output circuit is open by checking for voltage on the Transmission Output circuits before the Transmission Control System request for the circuit to be powered up. The request is sent by a direct circuit control from the PCM to the TIPM. If the Transmission Control System detects less that 3.0 volts when the output is commanded on, the DTC will set.Note: Inadequate Transmission Control Output voltage can also cause DTCs P0846, or P0871, to set. This does not indicate an internal transmission or solenoid/TRS problem. Repairing the P0882 fault should also eliminate the related DTCs.

1. When Monitored:

When the ignition is turned from "OFF" position to "RUN" position and/or the ignition is turned from "START" position to "RUN" position.

2. Set Condition:

This DTC is set when there is less than 3.0 volts present at the transmission control output circuits located in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) when the Transmission Control System requests the power up of those circuits. Note: Due to the integration of the Transmission Control Module and the Powertrain Control Module, both systems have their own power and ground circuits..

Possible Causes

RELATED TIPM DTCS
(T15) TRANSMISSION CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
(T15) TRANSMISSION CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE

Edited by moparfl on 1/13/2011 at 2:26 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it a wiring problem or maybe a relay problem.I will check the wiring , if it s ok , does it means that I ve got a PCM fail ?

Expert:  moparfl replied 3 years ago.
That is correct if the wiring checks out then you are going to need a PCM.
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE and CHRYSLER Master Tech 30 years Chrysler Dodge&Jeep Dealership Exp
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where can I get the complete PCM/TCM wiring diagram ?
Expert:  moparfl replied 3 years ago.
You would have to order it from a dealer.