Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Service Manager
9949505

Chrysler Pacifica Touring which tires do you recommend for

which tires do you recommend for 05 Pacifica, live in north east so get some snow/ice in winter
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim West replied 3 years ago.

Tim West :

Thanks for visiting Just Answer, the best snow tires on the market are the Blizzak by Bridgestone. So if you are looking for a good winter tire, I would highly recommend it.

Tim West :

Another recommendation is checking out the options for this vehicle and reading reviews of people who actually use the tires.

Tim West :

Now there are 2 option sizes on this vehicle.

Tim West :

One is a 17" and the other is a 19" option.

Tim West :

The 17" is more common so I will start with that, let me know if you have the 19" option.

Tim West :

For a winter tire in your size, here are the 2 best recommendations. click here

Tim West :

Are you looking for a snow tire in specific? Or does it not matter?

Customer :

Not looking for a snow tire specifically but one that can deal with snow

Tim West :

I understand, do you have the 17" option?

Customer :

Yes

Tim West :

Well, since you aren't looking for just a winter tire I would recommend an all season tire.

Tim West :

Michelin is the best brand but will cost more than the others.

Customer :

Have had Goodyear Futura snow rated, wearing out after 46,000 miles, regular rotation; want next tires for less miles as will trade in after another 25,000. Cost is a factor as well

Tim West :

You can get some good tires for a much better price if you switch to a Continental.

Customer :

such as?

Tim West :

Navigate this site, there are hundreds of reviews and the pricing on this site is always great.

Tim West :

You can use this site as a "pricing guide"

Tim West :

You can call discount tire or another tire company and they will match prices with tirerack.com

Tim West :

OR you can order them from the site as well.

Tim West :

But the information provided by this site is so in depth, it makes a really great tool for buying tires.

Tim West :

I really like this site.

Tim West :

For the price and the tire, General Altimax has the highest user rating and one of the best prices.

Tim West :

By looking at the treadwear rating, this tire should last about 50,000 miles/.

Tim West :

Actually the warranty is 55,000 miles.

Customer :

is the Continental Extreme Winter Contact you recommend a tire that can be used all year? The Futrura was but is too expensive.

Tim West :

No, it's really just a winter tire.

Tim West :

I would recommend an all season.

Customer :

well I need something more versatile at a cheaper price than the Futura which made an incredible difference to driving after the Michelin all season were replaced at 38,000.

Tim West :

I would go with the Kumho KR 21, it's an all season tire and I think runs about 110 a tire.

Tim West :

This size you aren't going to find much cheaper than 110 a tire.

Customer :

can you give some more info why you recommend this tire, please?

Tim West :

Well, it's a good all season tire, the price is best in it's size, the mileage is great 55,000 miles. It really sounds like what you are looking for.

Tim West :

It has a high rating from "others" as well as me.

Tim West :

I have sold this tire for several years and is a good alternative to some of the "big named" tires.

Tim West :

Kumho is a great brand and has been around for a long time.

Tim West :

Given all the things you are looking for in a tire, this tire really makes sense.

Customer :

ok, thanks!

Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE certified Service Manager