moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE and CHRYSLER Master Tech 30 years Chrysler Dodge&Jeep Dealership Exp

2001 PT cruiser: cam..ignition switch..lock cylinder..The car started

I have a 2001 PT cruiser that had a broken ignition lock cam that broke inside the ignition switch. I replaced the ignition switch and lock cylinder from a salvage company. The car started and died four times. Now the ignition turns but nothing happens. It's like a dead ignition switch accompanied by code 1792. What suggestions can you help me with.
The problem you are having is with the anti theft system.Did you replace the Skim module that fits around the lock cly or unhook it? Did you change the whole cloum?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not sure if you received first response, sorry if duplicate. I did not replace the whole colum and where is the skim module located.
Are you using a key that came with the used lock cly you installed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My husband is checking on something and may have another question, I typed in info for him over phone. We truly appreciate your help and will accept answer as soon as possible.
no problem.if he used a key that came with the lock cly and did not replace the skim module that went with the used lock cly then this is the problem the computer chip in the key you are using right now does not match what was programmed in the skim module and it has shut the system down.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Everything has now been replaced from the same salvage column, including the skim module. If it is still shut down, how can we reset the system. I had sent this earlier and I don't think it processed it.
The only way for you to reset it is to hook up a battery charger and leave the key turned on for three hours this will take the system back out of the lock down mode. after three hours just turn the key off and remove it for five mins then you should be able to restart it.