brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

Chrysler -dodge caravan how do you change the antenna on a

how do you change the antenna on a 2000 chrysler minivan
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. You will need to remove the inner wheel well to gain access to the antenna.

REMOVAL

1. Remove glove box.
graphic

1. Disconnect extension cable end from antenna cable end.
  2. Disconnect cable hanger clip from HVAC unit.
  3. Remove radio as necessary to gain access to extension cable.
  4. Disconnect extension cable from back of radio.
  5. Remove extension cable from vehicle.
INSTALLATION
For installation, reverse the above procedure.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
are you sure these directions go to the 2000 dodge-chrysler (minivan) caravan, i ask this because i snapped the antenna off, and there is no cap nut on top of the adapter.
that adapter is really hardened plastic, and unable to remove from the top.
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Should be but send the vin# XXXXX I will double check
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i don't have access to the car right now
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
I checked two different sources and got the same information but will gladly check with the vin# XXXXX you get it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
2B4F25B8YR507657 is the vin. I had my wife stop on the road to read it, she thinks i'm a nut anyway this only cements the deal.
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Your cap nut look like this? A special tool is needed to remove it. The rest of the procedure is the same

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i'd say that it's pretty close to that. would you know what the #1 ,#2 , #3 all mean and would you have a name of the tool?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Not sure on the tool tame

1 - CAP NUT
2 - ANTENNA ADAPTER
3 - TOOL
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
It can be done with out the tool, but the tool makes it easier