Chad, Lead Master Tech
Experience:  Electrical master,Diesel Specialist,Lead tech/ shop foreman

Chrysler Sebring Touring I have a P2017 and P2004 code on

Customer Question

I have a P2017 and P2004 code on my 2007 Chrysler Sebring 4 door. My car suddenly stopped accelerating the other day after I put gas in it. Now when I floor it,it only goes 20 miles an hour until it builds up enough speed 2 go faster but as soon as I break or slow down it goes back to like 10 mph and then I have to drive so long to get a nice speed. I wasn't have problems before and then all of a sudden it started doing this. I took it to valvoline and they put it on the computer and gave me those codes. Is this an expensive job to do and how serious is it? Please help,this is my baby and she has about 95000 miles,never any accidents or major problems,all oil changes are current
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad replied 5 years ago.

Sounds like the short runner valve broke. They do have a flash update for the PCM for a SRV code.I have not had success with just the flash. I have had to replace the SRV with the flash to fix this problem
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not understand what your saying at all. I'm not a mechanic,so I don't understand the language your speaking. Iwant to know if this is expensive to fix,how serious is it and is it a easy job? What actually needs replaced and how many parts are needed etc...
Expert:  Chad replied 5 years ago.
The flash is to update the software inside the engine control module.The short runner valve will probably also have to be replaced.They are both fairly easy jobs, the software update will have to be done by the dealer,because you need a dealer scan tool to do the update. The short runner valve is part of the intake manifold.The bad thing about the short runner valve is most times when it breaks, it also breaks the part inside the intake that it controls.So the intake will probably have to be changed.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay so only a dealership will be able to do this update? I can't take to any automotive shop? And how much will this repair run me?
Expert:  Chad replied 5 years ago.
I'm not sure if an independent shop can flash CAN bus systems.At the dealer a software flash is usually 1 to 1.5 hours.I don't know how much an intake cost on a 3.5 liter engine off hand.But I'm sure you could get a quote over the phone.You could also call the independent shop and see if they can flash update your car.