brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

Chrysler Pacifica AWD How difficult is it to replace the motor

How difficult is it to replace the motor mounts in a 2004 chrysler pacifica
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. They range any where from a 1/2 hour to 2 hours. Which ones are you replacing and I can send you information on replacing it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I need to have them all replaced
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.

LEFT MOUNT
REMOVAL

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove engine cover.
  3. Remove radiator cooling fan assembly.
  4. Raise and support the vehicle.
graphic

1. Remove both of the engine mount to cradle nuts.
  2. Lower the vehicle.
  3. Connect the engine support fixture and support engine weight.
  4. Remove the engine mount bolts and remove mount.

INSTALLATION

1. Install engine mount to bracket.Tighten nut to 101 Nm (75 ft. lbs.).
  2. Install left mount to the engine block.Tighten bolts to 54 Nm (40 ft. lbs.).
  3. Lower vehicle.
  4. Remove the engine support fixture.
  5. Raise and support the vehicle.
  6. Install both of the engine mount to cradle nut. Tighten nut to 101 Nm (75 ft. lbs.).
  7. Lower vehicle.
  8. Install radiator fan assembly.
  9. Install the engine cover.
  10. Connect the negative battery cable.

RIGHT MOUNT
REMOVAL

2. Raise and support the vehicle.
  3. Remove both of the engine mount to cradle nuts.
  4. Lower the vehicle.
  5. Connect the engine support fixture and support the engine weight.
  6. Raise and support the vehicle.
graphic

1. Remove the right mount bracket bolts
  2. Remove the engine mount top nut.
  3. Remove the engine mount plate and engine mount.

INSTALLATION

1. Install the engine mount and plate.Tighten bolts to 54 Nm (40 ft. lbs.).
  2. Install the engine mount upper nut. Tighten nut to 101 Nm (75 ft. lbs.).
  3. Install right engine mount bracket bolts.Tighten bolts to 54 Nm (40 ft. lbs.).
  4. Lower the vehicle.
  5. Remove the engine support fixture.
  6. Raise and support the vehicle.
  7. Install both lower engine mount to cradle nuts. Tighten nuts to 101 Nm (75 ft. lbs.).
  8. Lower vehicle and connect the negative battery cable.

UPPER MOUNT
REMOVAL

1. Support engine assembly with a floor jack so it will not rotate.
  2. Remove the air cleaner element housing.
  3. Remove the upper engine mount bolts from the inner frame rail
  4. Remove the upper engine mount bolts from the engine.

INSTALLATION

1. Support the engine assembly with a floor jack.
graphic
  1. Properly position the upper engine mount and install the retaining bolts.
  2. Tighten the bolts attached to the intake manifold to 54 Nm (40 ft. lbs.).
  3. Tighten the bolts attached to the inner frame rail to 68 Nm (50 ft. lbs.).
  4. Remove the jack used to support engine assembly.
  5. Install the air cleaner element housing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For engine support am I supporting it from the bottom with a board and a heavy jack or with an engine sling or cherry picker
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Yes that will work for the engine support. Either way is fine.....
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,