Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified

Chrysler Pacifica Limited service tire system soon on a 2004

Customer Question

service tire system soon on a 2004 pacifica
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 years ago.

Robert R :

Hello, My name isXXXXX to Just Answer.

JACUSTOMER-ncmintoj- :

JACUSTOMER-ncmintoj- :

So how do I get his message to go away

Robert R :

Let me research a bit, BRB.

JACUSTOMER-ncmintoj- :

Robert R :

Ok first we need to determine if your vehicle is an early build vehicle or normal build because there are 2 systems that can be on your vehicle. we need the VIN number or if you can get the production date from the door sticker, we can determine if early build or late build.

JACUSTOMER-ncmintoj- :

early bird

JACUSTOMER-ncmintoj- :

early build

JACUSTOMER-ncmintoj- :

Robert R :

Ok, I'm Switching to Q&A and will post some info for you...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the VIN is 2C8CT6B4X4R343738
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 years ago.

ok here is some info, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader for these docs:

Doc 1

Doc 2

Doc 3

if you need additional info, just click on Reply, If I have answered your question, clicking accept is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

sorry I messed up THIS is the VIN

Expert:  Robert R replied 5 years ago.

Ok, Yes your vehicle is definitely an Early Build vehicle. You may need to obtain a magnet to train the sensors. Then after training, the vehicle must be driven above 20 mph for 15 minutes then the light will automatically shut off. see the docs, if it is incomplete, let me know...

PS - You may have a bad sensor or a weak battery if the sensors won't train, see Doc 2 heading for non critical system alerts...

Edited by Robert R on 11/30/2010 at 8:43 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I had this car in at Tires Plus because the there was was some bad bead leaks on two of the tires and the would have to be filled evry 3-4 days becuse the low pressure sensor came on. They got that fixed and about 3 hrs and 25 miles later this "service tire system soon" light came on. I brought it back to them and they said it should gout once i drive it for a while that was yesterday and about 65 highway miles later, still is on. I asked them before i left if they needed to retrain the sensors and they no taht they were get a reading from all the tires. Does any of this infoo help? I am going to try what you sent me biut i would like to knoe your thaoughts on the info just given

Expert:  Robert R replied 5 years ago.

Seems like there is a chance that one of the sensors may be damaged, if a sensor is not transmitting, you will get the "service tire system soon" light, there is a test that you can run to check this, read all 3 Docs, there is a procedure there that should help you determine if you have a bad sensor, if you need a magnet, any strong magnet will work to activate the sensors.

PS. I need to log off for a bit, if you need more info, I will be back online in a couple of hours, thanks for your patience...Smile

Expert:  Robert R replied 5 years ago.
Hello, Sorry I was unable to get back online yesterday, but if you still need more info, please click reply, Otherwise, clicking accept will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need to get a bigger magnet the one I tried did nothing
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 years ago.

Ok, I'm here if you need me...try a magnet from a speaker, round one with hole in the middle - you might need to break apart the speaker to get the magnet out though. Wink

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried a bigger magnet and it worked, I got all 4 tires to honk and retrain, light still on. Now what?
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 years ago.
Did you drive the vehicle for a constant speed above 20 mph for about 15 to 20 minutes? Also make sure all tires are set at the factory recommended pressure, too low or too high pressure will cause the light to stay on. If you did that and the light still stays on you may have a bad Skim module. You might need to take it to the dealer so they can scan the system to see what else might be could still have a bad sensor transmitting the wrong pressure reading, etc...

Edited by Robert R on 12/7/2010 at 3:57 PM EST