ND-TECH
ND-TECH, CJDR Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Certified and CJDR Master
26707557

2008 chrysler: 300...horrible problem with the side windows fogging up

I live in wisconsin. I have a 2008 Chrysler 300. I have a horrible problem with the side windows fogging up. There seems to be no way for the defroster to keep up. The rear window always needs to have the defroster on and even y=the front window will have fog in the lower corners.
Please help!
Signed,
Can't See
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  ND-TECH replied 6 years ago.
Well there are a few things that could be happening. First the vehicle can not be in recirc mode when the defrost is selected otherwise it will cause the windows to fog up more. So make sure the system is not in recirc mode. Second the a/c is actually what makes it possible for the defrost function to get to moisture out and clear the windows. Even though you have heat selected the air still passes by the a/c evaporator first before it gets to the heater core. The vehicle has a strategy to run the a/c compressor to get the moisture out of the air and clear the windows. So if your a/c charge is low your system will not be able to remove enough moisture and the windows will stay fogged up. Third your heater core is leaking and causing moisture to get in the system after it is suppose to be out and then causes the windows to steam back up. To check this check you coolant level under the hood and make sure its not low. To check the a/c system you will have to take it in and have the charge checked and if it is low then there is leak. The evaporator tends to leak on these vehicle and that is what i would be leaning towards is the failure at this time. Just make sure the coolant is at the right level, system is not in reicirc. If both those are ok then most likely you will need to have a/c system checked as it is probably leaking at the evaporator and it will need to be replaced