brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi: wiring diagram..it off now wont start back

I have a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi. I think I need the wiring diagram. Was running and cut it off now won't start back. We have checked the timing belt.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. What diagram do you need? Did the vehicle loose fuel pressure or spark?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Spark
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
Which engine is in the vehicle?

What has been checked or tried so far?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It has the 2.5

Checked the timing belt. I have checked the auto shut down relay.I need the wiring diagram of the egnition system so I can check the distributer.

Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
OK....here are a couple diagrams......

graphic

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need the test procedure for the cam shaft position sensor and the test procedure and the location of the crank shaft position sensor.
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
To test the crank sensor with the connector installed into the sensor put a paper clip in the back of the connector of terminal 3 until it touches the wire. Then with a volt meter while cranking the engine measure for voltage here. If no voltage or the voltage doesn't change while cranking the engine the sensor needs replaced.

graphic

The crankshaft position sensor is located on the rear of the transmission housing, above the differential housing.

graphic

Do not have a test for the cam sensor short of watching the reading on a scan tool
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If I test the cam sensor watching the reading on a scan tool, what is it that I should be looking for?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
Like the crank sensor need to see a signal and it needs to change when cranking
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We have ASD Relay signal

Have cam signal

have crank signal

have power and grounds to distributor and crank signal

have power and grounds to PCM

do not have fire nor injector pulse

Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
Do you also have voltage to the injectors?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
WE have voltage when cranking but no ground trigger
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
With all your telling me the only thing that it could be is the powertrain control module as it controls both spark and fuel
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,