Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified
12104952

2004 chrysler sebring: convertible 2.7l v6, I..coolant..strange noise

Customer Question

I have a 2004 chrysler sebring convertible 2.7l v6, I just replaced the coolant air bleeder valve and it is making a strange noise. Do i need to get air out of the system? and if so how do i do this?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name is Mark.

Any time there is work done on the cooling system is should be bled of air. Failure to do this can result in overheating and noises from the system.

1. Open cooling system bleed valve
  2. Attach a 6.35 mm (0.250 in.) inside diameter clear hose that is 120.0 cm (48 in.) long to the bleed valve. Route the hose away from accessory drive belts and radiator fan. Position the other end of hose into a collecting container. The hose will prevent coolant from contacting accessory drive belts and other components.
  3. Remove cooling system pressure cap.
  4. Pinch overflow hose that connects between the two chambers of the pressure container.
  5. Slowly continue filling until a steady stream of coolant flows from attached hose on bleed valve.
  6. Close bleed valve and continue filling system
  7. Remove clip from overflow hose.
  8. Install pressure cap on pressure container.
  9. Remove hose from bleed valve.
  10. Start engine and allow to run until thermostat opens and radiator fans cycle.

NOTE:

The engine cooling system will push any remaining air into the pressure container within about one half hour of normal driving. As a result, a drop in coolant level in the pressure container may occur.