jeepmopar76
jeepmopar76, Chrysler Triple Master Tech
Experience:  32 yr ASE Master tech, 9 yr Chrysler Master Tech 13 years Chrysler Dealership service
16831211

1993 TOWN AND COUNTRY THE BRAKE LIGHT..BRAKE FLUID..PADS..WHATS WRONG

Customer Question

1993 TOWN AND COUNTRY THE BRAKE LIGHT AND THE PI LIGHT IS ON,WHY? THE BRAKE FLUID IS FIND ,PADS ARE FIND,BUT JUST NOTICE PADEL SOFT,WHATS WRONG,AND WHAT IS PI?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. Is the emergency brake applied at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Is the brake pedal soft when the engine is off or just when running?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
always
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
And there are no leaks? The fluid is full in the master cylinder?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no leaks full and clear
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Any way you can send me the vin# XXXXX I can check on recalls as there were problems in this year for the vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
1g4ag55m1s6486581
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Can you double check the vin# XXXXX it is saying it is invalid
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
THE NUMBERS ARE FADED BEST I CAN DO
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
The numbers should also be on the driver's door when you open the door by the latch. Can you check there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
NO I AM AT WORK AND WILL NOT DRIVE THE VAN
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
OK......There was a recall this year for ABS problems but to know if your vehicle was effective would need the vin. Most likely it is as this was a common problem on this model.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM??????????????????????????
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
The ABS hydraulic control unit.

SAFETY RECALL TO TEST AND REPAIR YOUR VEHICLE'S
ANTILOCK BRAKE SYSTEM

Dear Chrysler Vehicle Owner:

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

Chrysler Corporation has determined that a problem which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in some 1991 through 1993 Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan, Plymouth Voyager/Grand Voyager and Chrysler Town and Country; late-1990 through 1993 Dodge Dynasty, Chrysler New Yorker, Salon, Fifth Avenue and Imperial; and 1991 and 1992 Dodge Monaco and Eagle Premier vehicles equipped with an antilock brake system (ABS).

The problem is...

The ABS hydraulic control unit on your vehicle (identified on the enclosed form), may experience excessive brake actuator piston seal wear and/or pump-motor deterioration. If this occurs, the ABS function may be lost and reduced power assist may be experienced during braking. This may result in increased stopping distance that could result in an accident.

What you should do..

Owners of vehicles that experience any of the following symptoms should contact their dealers immediately to schedule a service appointment:

^ Either the Brake System Warning Light or the Antilock Warning Light remains llluminated more than two minutes after starting the vehicle; or if either light comes on at any other time during vehicle operation;
^ A substantial increase in brake pedal force is needed to stop the vehicle; or
^ Any other ABS malfunction occurs.

Please bring the enclosed Owner Notification Form with you to your dealer. It explains the required service to the dealer.

If your ABS brake system is operating properly and none of the above symptoms are present, no action is necessary at this time. However, if any of these symptoms appear in the future, contact your dealer for a free repair. Keep this letter with your vehicle's other owner information in case you notice any of these conditions in the future.

What Chrysler will do...

Chrysler will test your vehicle's ABS for excessive piston and your dealer seal wear and possible pump-motor deterioration. If problems with these components are found at any time during the entire life of your vehicle, Chrysler will replace these components free of charge. The test will take about one hour to complete. Another one to two hours may be required if components must be replaced. However, additional time may be necessary depending on how dealer appointments are scheduled and processed.

Extended Warranty...

In addition to this recall action, the warranty period on other ABS components in your vehicle is being extended to 10 years or 100,000 miles, which ever occurs first. This means that if any of these other ABS components fail within 10 years or 100,000 miles, your dealer will correct the problem free of charge. This extended warranty is limited to the same conditions defined in the original warranty and does not include any base brake system components (calipers, pad/shoe linings, etc.). Further, Chrysler will reimburse owners for any previous ABS component expenses incurred within the limits of the extended warranty. Just send the original receipt to:

Chrysler Corporation - Recall # XXXXX Reimbursement
P.O. Box 21-8004
Auburn Hills, MINNN-NN-NNNN/em>

If you need help...

If you have any questions about whether your abs system is operating properly, contact your dealer.

If you have trouble getting your vehicle repaired, please call the Chrysler Customer Center, toll free, at 1-800-853-1403. A representative will assist you in getting your vehicle repaired. If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration,XXXXX S.W., Washington, D.C. 20590, or call the Toll Free Auto XXXXX at 1-800-424-9393. (Washington, D.C. area residents may call(NNN) NNN-NNNN)

We're sorry for any inconvenience, but we are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thanks for your attention to this important matter.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANK YOU FOR NOT GIVING A ANSWER TO ANY OF THE QUESTIONS ASK

WHAT IS A PI AND DID THIS RECALL HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE BREAKS? WHAT IS APS AND I AM NOT SURE THAT THIS VAN HAS ANTI LOCK BRAKES

Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
I will see if another person here on the site can help you........
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
IP?
Expert:  jeepmopar76 replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Denny; now let me see if I can help you with your Chrysler question.

I need more explanation on the PI light. What color light? Is it a warning light on the cluster?

Also i would need the last 8 of ur VIN, as Jeff said. Try reading in the drivers side corner of the windshield.